Ghostwatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostwatch

We always have to watch Ghostwatch every single Halloween time, cos Underdunn gets a right boner over it. I would agree it was good, for the time it was made. Cos people were easier to fool back then and were likely blindsided by Michael Parkinson getting involved, rather than the awful acting from the eldest girl and the quack.

Sarah Green seems to present in exactly the same style as she did anyway, so I guess her reactions don’t seem abnormal, if you were unaware this was acting.

Lister turns up to yell obnoxiously at Greeny and some kids and complain about Halloween in general. He should be in space. Or jail. But he’s not, he’s twatting about pretending to be called Craig or something.

Clearly they are all misgendering Mx Pipes, who is a woman. I know this because she’s wearing a dress and committing horrendous crimes, which is what real womyns do.

Then Greeny Green gets shut in the closet (lol in the closet lol)

What a great piece of television m8, I r8 8/8

Do you have any opinions on Ghostwatch that you feel we should all know?
    i got to see snow before everyone else everyone else that i knew i got to see snow first

Everyone is going to think your signature is about Sarah Green now!

Comment

Originally posted by Underdunn View Post
      Everyone is going to think your signature is about Sarah Green now!
      Turns out she spells it Greene. I am ashamed. I have fixed my signature and avatar, as an apology and tribute to Sarah Greene (gone but never forgotten). It’s festive.
      i got to see snow before everyone else everyone else that i knew i got to see snow first

Comment

I only watched Ghostwatch when it first aired and I remember it was effective up to a point, but soon became obviously dramatised. It's become legendary. I wonder how many people were really convinced for very long. Because if the format works, getting an ex Blue Peter presenter to host a totally fake ghost show with totally fake ghosts in the style of a serious investigation might turn out to be a proper money-spinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Taylor View Post
          I only watched Ghostwatch when it first aired and I remember it was effective up to a point, but soon became obviously dramatised. It's become legendary. I wonder how many people were really convinced for very long. Because if the format works, getting an ex Blue Peter presenter to host a totally fake ghost show with totally fake ghosts in the style of a serious investigation might turn out to be a proper money-spinner.
          I never saw it live. A friend at primary school watched it, but she thought it was called “Pipes” and got it a bit muddled with Edward Scissorhands. Then my cousin used to say he had seen a pirate copy of “Pipes 2” which confused things further.

Didn’t see it for many years. By the time I did, it was pretty dated and unconvincing to me. Dunno how anyone was fooled. But apparently they were.

Comment

I watched this when it came out. I was about six. Scared the shit out of me and I thought it was real. I remember the mass hysteria on Points of View cos most six year olds watched that in the 90s, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ant E View Post
              I watched this when it came out. I was about six. Scared the shit out of me and I thought it was real. I remember the mass hysteria on Points of View cos most six year olds watched that in the 90s, right?
              I definitely found letters of complaint in general very funny. I still do tbh. Laughed my absolute shit off today at some guy yelling at the bbc, claiming to be “practically shaking with anger” and threatening to send them a letter. Hehehe

Comment

Ah, that show. The one I heard but hadn't actually seen it. It's practllaly a myth to me, just like the Bigfoot

Comment

Originally posted by eddiebadassdavis View Post
                  Ah, that show. The one I heard but hadn't actually seen it. It's practllaly a myth to me, just like the Bigfoot
                  I don’t think it’s aged well enough to recommend it to someone under 20, especially not when that person is Australian. It was of it’s time and very British, in my opinion (which is usually correct tbh)

Comment

Working...
                  X