New UK PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UK PM

Anyone got any thoughts on this? Any preference? Or are you just unbothered? Will any of it make a difference to how you vote next time?

For me, personally I like Kemi Badenoch. Imagine if our first ethnic PM was a black woman from a working class background, wouldn’t that be something? Plus I like and agree with her on many political matters. However I sadly doubt she will get in.

I dislike Penny Mourdant given her bizarre views on women and the dangerous self-ID trans stuff. However, she has since said she now understands it a little better, whereas a couple of years ago a lot of people understood “trans” to mean transexual and post-op, not “transgender” where you get to just identify as what you feel you are. That’s neither how science nor the world works and is in fact dangerous. I do think Penny might have changed her mind, though I don’t fully trust her. I believe that as she would represent party as a whole if she was PM, she would certainly have to go with the Will of the party, which does seem to be becoming an unlikely champion of women’s sex-based rights.

I didn’t like Tom Tugenhat. Something very cold about him and jeeeeeeez did he like to constantly bring up how he was in the military. Given that I am anti-war, I am not keen on people like that. Just a personal opinion. But it doesn’t matter now as he’s out of the running.

Liz Truss I don’t think is a strong enough leader, but I prefer her to Penny (and Tom), so there’s that.

Rishi Sunak will win, I think. I could be wrong, but just a feeling. Again, it would be a pretty big deal to have our first ethnic PM in this country and he would be at least somewhat knowledgeable of another culture that isn’t some weird white-western gender ideology. I also think he is a natural leader/political frontman. Gives me strong 90’s Blair vibes, who was a good PM up til the Iraq mess he allowed. Doubtful Rishi would make that mistake. Anyway, he’s my next favourite after Kemi.

I have never voted Tory in my life. I have voted Labour, but not every time. I really liked Corbyn and wanted him to be PM at the time. I usually voted Labour or Lib Dem to block the Tories, (or voted Green or spoiled my ballot etc). Given that Keir Starmer apparently doesn’t know what women like me are and is pro self ID, I would now vote to block Labour, if a General Election was called (which I doubt it will be). The area I live in right now is predominantly Tory vs Labour. So if a GE was called early..guess I’ll be voting Tory for the first time in my life!

A lot can change in 2 years though. It’ll be interesting to see how our new PM does and whether Keir Starmer is even still leading Labour. Though Labour as a party seems quite focused on silencing women right now, so they’ve got a long way to go before I’d ever consider voting for them again. Or not voting to block them.

I know people aren’t hugely forthcoming on political stuff or particularly interested. But I am, I’m interested in YOU. So tell me what you think and I promise to take it on board. Or don’t and I’ll never know I guess.
    "even people who spoke clear English didn't undersand me"

Well Kemi is out, as I predicted. That’s sad, but not unexpected.

Comment

Tbh, I have only heard about Rishi before this ballot. The others are just some random Torries for me.

I think they’re making a big deal of someone from a minority becoming the leader. I don’t like this hype becausr it doesn’t day much about the person themselves. People just tend to see their race or ethnicity and think it’s something cool. These things shouldn’t put aside how the person is a politician.

On the other hand, it’s good to see that even people from minorities can make it to the top spots in the UK. That’s something we’re far behind.

Also the idea of people from the army being active in politics is interesting. Personally, I wouldn’t want anyone from the military to run my country, because democracy and military are quite different concepts of power. Nowadays it seems people tend to put more trust in army leaders, which is understandable given the situation in the world, but still doesn’t mean there’s a need fro the country to be run by a soldier.

Rishi will probably win and I have no problem with that. He wasn’t that useless as a Chancellor, so let’s see.

Comment

Rishi seems the obvious choice for them. Tom whathisface seemed absolutely awful. Kemi would have been interesting but she never stood a chance, I wouldn't be shocked to see her in cabinet though. Penny seems to slippery and dishonest. I know very little about Liz Truss.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfy View Post
          Tbh, I have only heard about Rishi before this ballot. The others are just some random Torries for me.

I think they’re making a big deal of someone from a minority becoming the leader. I don’t like this hype becausr it doesn’t day much about the person themselves. People just tend to see their race or ethnicity and think it’s something cool. These things shouldn’t put aside how the person is a politician.

On the other hand, it’s good to see that even people from minorities can make it to the top spots in the UK. That’s something we’re far behind.

Also the idea of people from the army being active in politics is interesting. Personally, I wouldn’t want anyone from the military to run my country, because democracy and military are quite different concepts of power. Nowadays it seems people tend to put more trust in army leaders, which is understandable given the situation in the world, but still doesn’t mean there’s a need fro the country to be run by a soldier.

Rishi will probably win and I have no problem with that. He wasn’t that useless as a Chancellor, so let’s see.
          I agree with you on all of this. I am amused it was Tory that became the diversity party though, seeing as people bleat on about them being racist. I don’t know that they’re not and that Labour are of course. But given how multicultural the uk is, it’s kinda odd how it’s not more diverse within Labour. Also I think having an ethnic minority as PM sends a strong message to the world that we are in fact pretty multicultural and therefore can’t just blindly follow weird white-America trends.
          Last edited by Nikki the Great; 07-19-2022, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdunn View Post
            Rishi seems the obvious choice for them. Tom whathisface seemed absolutely awful. Kemi would have been interesting but she never stood a chance, I wouldn't be shocked to see her in cabinet though. Penny seems to slippery and dishonest. I know very little about Liz Truss.
            Kemi would make an excellent Women’s Minister.

Comment

They are all as bent, corrupt and useless as each other

Comment

Originally posted by neilold View Post
                They are all as bent, corrupt and useless as each other
                That’s fair enough haha. Do you have a favourite? If you HAD to choose one? You can be as racist or sexist as you like, I’m just curious haha. Would you vote for any of them over Labour? Which might you prefer in parliament?

Unrelated, but just wanted to say that if any of you wanted to know why I was talking from such a women’s rights angle in all that OP, then you should know it’s the hottest day EVER and I am on my damn period, so you know, go slam your dick in the fridge door if you wanna cool down (I’m so sorry @Bluey)

Btw I think out of the remaining 3 that Rishi Sunak would be the best choice and most likely to beat Starmer IF a general election was called early (which I doubt will happen, but I like to know in advance what I might do in that situation so SHUSH), so I really do think those who are voting in this will be seeing that, which obviously I am not.

Comment

I think rishi will win it. I wouldn't vote for any if them, nor any of labour. As you know, I'm quite interested in politics. Pity there's no politicians today worth being interested in. Rishi sunak is an ex hedge fund manager who wouldn't know a days proper work if it went around waving a flag singing 'proper work days are here again '. And is basically a Boris clone as far as incompetence and corruption goes.

Comment

The rest of them are even bigger non-entities. I yearn for the days when politicians were on spitting image every week. They were still awful, but at least they had a personality . Kier starmer is cutting through like a pair of rusted nail clippers. Even for a labour leader he's bad. It says something when he can't even present a challenge to a Tory government as bad as this one

Comment

Well Penny is out, which I am glad about. Women up and down the country will no doubt be sighing with relief too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki the Great View Post
                        Well Penny is out, which I am glad about. Women up and down the country will no doubt be sighing with relief too.
                        The thing is, there is not one of them I would want in charge, Sunak has no concern about anyone other than him and his wife. They are all terrible pocket filling greedy twits, and that's just the tory buggers. The stupid left leaning PC correct mob are a joke. When it comes to a General election I have nobody to vote for.

Comment

Originally posted by sundayforsammy View Post

The thing is, there is not one of them I would want in charge, Sunak has no concern about anyone other than him and his wife. They are all terrible pocket filling greedy twits, and that's just the tory buggers. The stupid left leaning PC correct mob are a joke. When it comes to a General election I have nobody to vote for.
                          Mate, honestly I know exactly how you feel. Have felt politcally homeless for a while now. I dunno wtf happened to us. Maybe covid driving us all online more rather than talking to each other about stuff. Seeing a new wave of VERY unstable parenting too. Blows my mind. Kids are not damn experiments or projections. And they don't need to be exposed to anything sexual beyond "if someone touches you in any of these places, tell a trusted adult like a parent, teacher or doctor" and that "despite most of you having a mum and dad, not everybody's parents are still together and sometimes women love women and men love men and it's all good". No further discussion really needed at that age right? It could be covered in an assembly. Once a year if anyone is concerned they might forget and won't pull their damn finger out of their anus and talk to their kids themselves if it matters that much. Also bring back all the stranger danger stuff, but make it all about online predators and groomers etc. Nobody is watching their kids on there it seems, hence why we've got a new wave of green haired lunatics, living in a bizarre echo chamber of other green haired lunatics, none of whom can cope AT ALL and maybe some people having mid-life crisis hovering around them. It's dreadfully sad, innit.

Comment

To be fair, pedophiles online have being around a long time now, and most parents should be aware of it. My age parents, definitely wouldn't be. But now we are at a generation where parents should have grown up with, or at least partially grown up with, the internet

Comment

Originally posted by neilold View Post
                              To be fair, pedophiles online have being around a long time now, and most parents should be aware of it. My age parents, definitely wouldn't be. But now we are at a generation where parents should have grown up with, or at least partially grown up with, the internet
                              You know something about online pedophiles, don’t you, Neil?

Comment

Working...
                              X